Simple tips to stop the scale from creeping further up and get back on track.
Even though successful dieters work harder than non-dieters at maintaining their weight over the holidays, they often face more weight gain than thinner people. And gaining weight often goes on for another month … into the new year, according to the National Weight Control Registry.
But you can stop the scale from creeping further up and get back on track with renewed dedication starting now.
Diet slips are a normal part of any lifestyle change. Slips don't really hurt your progress over the long-term, but how you react to a slip can.
- Negative thoughts are the most dangerous and can leave you feeling discouraged and down on yourself. Counter them with positive affirmations. Review the diet success you had before the holidays and return to your good eating habits without reprimanding yourself.
- Don't let holiday overeating extend one day longer. That means get back on track with your very next meal -- not tomorrow, next Monday or next month. This way, you can limit weight gain and not let it feed on itself.
- Zero in on your food triggers so you can avoid them in the future. Sampling grandma's homemade stuffing at one meal isn't going to do much damage, but taking home leftovers to eat for days could. This kind of awareness will help you make better food decisions.
- Renew your commitment to weight loss and healthy eating by decreasing calories and increasing exercise time for one full week. This can wipe out a typical 1-to-2 pound holiday gain.
- Go back to carefully planning out every meal -- and snack -- in your digital or paper journal, emphasizing vegetables, fruit, lean protein and whole grains.
These steps will keep a lapse from turning into a relapse and a more significant weight gain.
Download our free guide! The TeleWellnessMD™ HCG Weight Loss Guide explains why the HCG injection protocol is effective for weight loss.
More posts for you:
Chat or call (877) 659-6050. Our Wellness Advisors are ready to assist you.
About TeleWellnessMD® and Trim® Nutrition
CLICK HERE to browse our products.
TelewellnessMD® provides consulting and program recommendations for general health, age management, nutrition and other wellness healthcare needs through an online platform and network of wellness medical providers. Trim® Nutrition’s product line includes vitamins, supplements and protein shakes manufactured in CGMP facilities and proprietary nutrient injections compounded in a certified licensed pharmacy using the highest quality ingredients. Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, Trim® Nutrition’s clinical staff of physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses, and research and development specialists are dedicated to the mission of Making Bodies Better™.
If you need a reboot of healthy food practices, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has tips for improving your eating habits.
By Julie Davis
TUESDAY, Jan. 2, 2018 (HealthDay News) --
Last Updated: Jan. 2, 2018
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.