Weight management issues, low energy and fatigue are just a few indicators of metabolic stress.
Correcting a depressed metabolism is a vital step towards better overall health and wellness.
Metabolism is the chemical processes occurring within a living cell or organism that are necessary for the maintenance of life. A healthy metabolic drive is extremely important to your overall health. When metabolism is negatively affected, the body responds with damage and dysfunction.
Every system and process in the body relies on energy and more specifically, metabolic energy. When the body does not have the necessary energy to power these processes, the body will start to malfunction. You can think of this at every level of body function. If the brain does not have necessary energy there will be signs of malfunction such as memory impairment, sluggish cognition, and decreased focus. If the gastrointestinal system does not have enough energy it will result in bowel irregularities and other disease. These are the basic fundamentals in the importance of metabolic energy.
Any one or combination of unhealthy lifestyle habits such as poor eating, obesity, smoking, lack of exercise, lack of sleep, drug abuse, increased stress, and medication overuse can result in metabolic dysfunction and result in disease. Factors that result in poor metabolism open the door for a cascade of events that throw people into a dangerously vicious cycle that is difficult to break.
Symptoms of Low Metabolic Energy
Although many of the symptoms below seem unrelated, they may all stem from the same root problem of low metabolic energy.
- General: Low body temperature. Coldness. Low energy or fatigue. Weight issues. Slow healing.
- Brain: Depression and/or anxiety. Poor memory, focus or concentration. Sleep disorders.
- Immune System: Under-reactive or over-reactive; that is, frequent infections (skin, sinus, bladder, bowel and yeast problems); allergies; auto-immune disease.
- Musculoskeletal: Fatigue, fibromyalgia (muscle or joint pains); generalized aches and pains; repetitive use injury and carpal tunnel syndrome. Weak connective tissues (ligaments, bones, etc.); headaches.
- Sexual: Loss of libido and function; menstrual disorders; infertility.
- Vascular: Low blood pressure; high blood pressure; Raynaud’s disease.
- Bowels: Constipation; gas or bloating; digestive disorders; irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Nervous System: Numbness of hands and/or feet (usually symmetrical); dulling or loss of senses such as vision, taste or smell.
- Skin: Dry; pallor in light skin, darkening or dark patches in dark skin; acne.
- Hair: Brittle, falling, coarse, dry or oily.
Metabolic dysfunction and inflammation
Metabolic dysfunction is a multi-factorial condition created by a host of causes, but ultimately a result of inflammation. While some factors that causes of inflammation are cannot be prevented, many are avoidable and can be controlled.
- Sleep irregularities
- Hormone Imbalances
- Poor diet and nutrition deficiencies
- Immune dysfunction
- Drug abuse
- Lack of exercise
- Genetic predisposition
- Environmental exposures
What can you do?
The best way to restore metabolic energy, is to correct the underlying problem. Common root causes include poor thyroid function, poor adrenal function and hormonal imbalance. Restoring metabolic energy helps the body help itself, letting the self-repair mechanisms function well again and restore health.
TeleWellnessMD providers often recommend nutrient injection therapies to restore metabolic health. The TeleWellnessMD Nutrient Injection Guide explains the ingredients and uses for nutrient injection therapy, why nutrient injections are the most effective form of nutritional therapy and what health conditions are nutrient injections used to treat.
More posts for you:
Chat or call (877) 659-6050. Our Wellness Advisors are ready to assist you.
About TeleWellnessMD® and Trim® Nutrition CLICK HERE to browse our products.
TelewellnessMD® provides consulting and program recommendations for general health, age management, nutrition and other wellness healthcare needs through an online platform and network of wellness medical providers. Trim® Nutrition’s product line includes vitamins, supplements and protein shakes manufactured in CGMP facilities and proprietary nutrient injections compounded in a certified licensed pharmacy using the highest quality ingredients. Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, Trim® Nutrition’s clinical staff of physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses, and research and development specialists are dedicated to the mission of Making Bodies Better™.